Monday, October 26, 2009

Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover???

Ok, so perception is reality!

I heard a Really Hot Guy say this the other day and I giggled because it's something I have realized, thought and said for some time.

Attitude Demeanor & Facial Expression are all ways that people "judge a book by it's cover." So for me, I'm typically labeled as bitchy or mean.... or... bitchy or mean... or... SOL

Seriously, it's always the same when people judge me based on initial perception.
No worries.... I have learned to redeem myself.

So I've recently been introduced to several new people and so far 2 of the people (women of course) have mis-judged my personality and/or attitude. Funny thing is if I judged them based on their interaction with me... they would be bitchy or mean too.

Just a little run down on me...
If I could save the world I would... That pretty much says it...

Example: I remember how it felt when I first starting working at the salon. The staff were umm... horrible! I'm going to just leave it at that. Anyway, I had to start at the bottom of course and everyone wanted to be my boss and tell me what to do and not think or care about the way they would tell me what to do and so not only was I trying to learn my job I was also trying to learn who I could rely on or trust or talk to... I was trying to learn everyone as individuals because "team" was non-existent... It Sucked!!!

Oh how things have changed. I run the salon totally different to avoid anyone from ever feeling what I felt...

Although I am notorious for " judging a book by it's cover," but I don't rule anything or anyone out until the times is right (you just know when that is). I rarely base my overall decision to friend someone purely based off perception or even first impression. Maybe it's because I know how I'm usually perceived or maybe it's because I have a better understanding than most in regards to people and how they interact with each other??? Working with the public for a living definitely has something to do with it.

"Guilty until proven innocent..."

This is interesting... This is what happens if I'm not paying attention to my interaction with others, but like I said, I have learned to redeem myself ;)I am aware that I have certain facial expression and demeanor that send the wrong message. I'm just not aware of when I'm doing it.

*sigh*

I guess this can be a new goal for me??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment